Posts Tagged ‘Superman’
As promised, here is a list of Superhero Animation that you can watch on demand. Some notes/comments/caveats:
- Most recent update: April 30, 2013
- All are available via Netflix unless otherwise indicated.
- Titles listed may suddenly become unavailable… or even better, new titles may show up. Such as Batman Beyond and Justice League which are now on Netflix. The greatness of this fact cannot be overstated.
- This page may be updated when new shows are added. I’m also going to make a different page for live action superhero programming. Because I’m cool like that. And I have a Geek Gold Card.
- This may shock some of you, but I have something to say about every single one of these shows. Therefore I will write posts for each entry as time permits. Check back for updates.
Without further ado, here is the list. If you know of anything I missed, leave a comment or contact me directly. This is important stuff, folks. Read more »
I’m futzing around on Twitter and I see this from IGN’s Joey Esposito:
The rest of my night is Justice League cartoons.
— Joey Esposito (@joeyesposito) April 1, 2013
So I tweets to Joey, I says, what Justice League cartoons? You mean these Justice League cartoons? Probably my favorite superhero cartoon ever? And he’s like, yeah. Netflix streaming. Batman Beyond too. I’m all, whoah. And he’s like…
OK, I can’t keep that going any more. Bottom line — if you have Netflix, you can watch Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and Batman Beyond on demand. Why aren’t you doing that right now?
And a chance to mention Superman yet again.
It’s been 35 years since Superman The Movie
If I may be permitted to mix my Marvel with my DC — ’nuff said.
Well, one more thing. Here’s the trailer from Christopher Reeve’s first Superman film. It’s brings a wonderfully nerdy tear to my eye.
Also adults. Although we don’t always admit it.
Here you go. The new Man of Steel trailer. Aka The New Superman Movie.
There’s a lot of parenty stuff I could say about it. I will one of these days. For now, some thoughts.
Topless Robot’s Chris Cummins asks some good general questions: “Do you want an angsty bearded Superman? At some point in the film will he throw on Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures and sulk? Will Lois Lane be moonlighting at Hot Topic in the movie?”
I had to look up the Joy Division reference. Here’s the album via YouTube. Read more »
Possible good news for those of us who miss having a live action superhero TV show to watch. The CW, the network formerly known as WB and once the airer of the not-quite-Superman series ‘Smallville’, has picked up the pilot for ‘Arrow’, which features a main character not entirely unlike Green Arrow. We know that he’s an archer named Oliver Queen who fights crime using a bow and feathered shafts he stores in a quiver. What’s not clear to me is whether or not he’s green. Read more »