Posts Tagged ‘Star Trek’
When a parent tells you to write stuff down, they could be talking about good old to-do lists. I do that constantly; I’m concerned that I’ll forget to do whatever it is I’m writing down, and also because I actually am likely to forget whatever it is unless I write it down. (Follow that?) In this case, I’m not speaking of to-do lists. I’m talking about about stuff you do with your kids. You should write it down because you will forget.
You may think that you’ll remember. After all, you’re not that old, right? Read more »
Geek Gold Card alert! The ThinkGeek Inflatable Star Trek Chair is real. It is not some cruel post-April-Fool’s Day joke. (I emailed their publicist and asked. Seriously.)
I’m not going to bother reading this New York Times essay titled The Benefits of Bilingualism.
Why not? First of all, I’m busy. Second, I’d rather write this post and I really am kinda busy right now. Third, and most important, I truly cannot believe that there are people in the world who don’t understand that it is a good idea to know how to speak more than one language. (And Klingon doesn’t count. Sorry.) Read more »
You can get the new Star Trek movie on Blu-Ray for only 19.99 at Amazon.com.
This is a good deal. You should buy it. Here’s the trailer in case you forgot how good this movie is. If you haven’t seen it, do so.
What more need be said?
New feature here on DaddyTips.com — Show and Tell.
What is it, you ask? A list of things we’ve read that we think you’ll like, both dad-related and not.
Here we go:
- The Onion AV Club (whom I write reviews for from time to time) gives the new Wii version of the classic game “Punch-Out!!” a B, which is pretty good if you consider the fact that it does not contain Mike Tyson. (AVClub.com)
- A father and son pastor team have been accused of stealing $3.1 million dollars to buy “luxury cars, time shares and golf club memberships.” Well, at least they didn’t molest anyone. As far as we know, of course. (L.A. Times)
- I don’t even watch most of the Adult Swim shows, especially now that “Harvey Birdman” is off the air. But I will probably watch all of the clips on this page. Why? Because they all reference “Star Trek.” Duh. (AdultSwim.com)
- Um, hi. This is a levitating toy display. It’s called the Levitron Revolution Series. Only holds “up to 4 ounces” according to Aaron Burgess at Droolicious, but it LEVITATES. I want one. For my son. My son. Right. (Droolicious)
- I love this headline: “Gwyneth Paltrow Finds Noted Music-maker William Joel Just Delightful.” Actually, the whole post is great. (AVClub.com’s The Hater)