- Green Arrow Black Canary #19
- Oracle #2: I like the character, although I have a weird feeling that they may retcon Barbara Gordon out of the wheelchair or give her bionic legs, which would be kind of dumb. The fact that the events of Killing Joke stayed with the character serves as a reminder that The Joker is a sick fucker.
- Vigilante Vol 3 #5 (Deathtrap Part 2): Stupid crossovers, making me buy titles I don’t really want to buy. Stupid marketing. Working on me. Feh.
- Captain America Vol 5 #49: OMG R THEY GOING 2 BRING STEVE ROGRS BCK 2 LIFE??!?!?!!??
- Punisher Vol 7 #4: It’s sort of fun watching the Punisher try and kill Norman Osborn, even if it is stupid that he’s alive again.
- Secret Invasion Aftermath Beta Ray Bill Green Of Eden #1: I don’t know why I’m buying this but I’m oddly fascinated by Beta Ray Bill, who is basically a horse version of Thor. There’s a backstory but I don’t even know it. Still, on a light week, I can be persuaded to pick this up.
- Sub-Mariner Comics #1 70th Anniversary: the Captain America version of this from a couple of weeks ago was a fun read. Decent main story and a backup from WWII. Again, light week, why not.
- Marvel Adventures Super Heroes #10
- Super Friends Vol 2 #14: This has been awful but my son likes it. I know I’m not the target audience but anytime a comic is billed as “based on the toy line!” that’s not a good thing.
- Tiny Titans #15: Best all ages book out right now. Maybe ever. Funny, light-hearted and lots of little comic book in-jokes. Not exactly intellectual but that’s not the point. It’s just fun. Pick up the trade paperbacks, Volume One (out now) and Volume Two (on May 26).
Total books: 10
Stuff I’m not buying that you might want:
- Watchmen TP & Watching The Watchmen HC PX Edition Signed By Dave Gibbons Bundle – SAVE $30: Midtown Comics has this offer, which isn’t a bad one if you like that kind of thing. If all you want is the book, you can get it new for about 12 bucks, or used for a little less.
- Invincible Iron Man #11 2nd Ptg Salvador Larroca Variant Cover (Dark Reign Tie-In): if you missed the first printing, or are a collector of Salvador Larroca’s work, this is for you. (I bought the first printing. It was OK.)
- Marvel Triple Action #1: nothing new here. Reprints of Wolverine First Class #1 and two Marvel Adventures books. Decent all ages stuff if you don’t already have it. Funny how Marvel is bringing back the Triple Action title; I assume that’s meant to strike a chord with oldsters like myself. It worked.
- Rampaging Wolverine #1: It looks like you get a lot for your $3.99 here, with some caveats, the biggest one being that it’s in black and white. Or, as the description puts it, “fantastic BLACK AND WHITE!” Ooookay.
- Wolverine Files: with a $40 price tag, this is for collectors or maniacs only. Much cheaper at Amazon ($26.40).
- Slave Leia Premium Format Figure: priced at $249.99, this is for the collector who also happens to be a maniac.